Sep 7, 2026

Two EPD officers bought Humboldt Towing at auction after previous owners declared bankruptcy

 



Humboldt Towing in Eureka closing is known. The screenshot is of past auction results of public defaulted properties and the most recent report is from May 29, 2026 from the County of Humboldt. Auctions of properties are not just done by the County of Humboldt. 

I received a tip over the weekend that two Eureka Police Officers; one of them Richard Stancliff, purchased Humboldt Towing at an auction after the previous owner declared bankruptcy.

The post will be updated with more information; if necessary and after other daily news when I have time.  

I have been following up because this source is usually reliable but I am not jumping to update the post on anyone's timeline. Unless you pay for my time, don't make demands.

9/10/26: I do have additional information. EPD Officer Richard Stancliff and a buddy didn't buy the name but bought equipment. The buddy is not a EPD Officer.

Coastal Towing is the company. A customer thanked"Richard and Sam" in a post. The Facebook page is a month old.



When one is posting live and gets a tip from a reliable source who wasn't given all the details, only the usual Humboldt haters nit pick. I cover 40 -50 court cases a day and other news and in 12 years, those with agenda jump all over me for something I said I would clarify and follow up yet never call out the decades good ole boys and gals local media who have make factual and bigger errors regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.