Sep 12, 2026

County of Humboldt to buy three properties on the corner of 4th and L, the agenda does not cover the complete cost to taxpayers



The properties are an eyesore with chronic  "regulars" who are constantly in and out of jail for a variety of reasons and those who do not take services and help offered to them. Josan Hattje and JD Pittman are two known alcoholics who refuse to change and are known to law enforcementand anyone familiar with Humboldt courts and Humboldt criminals.

I don't know what "Safe and Healthy Communities" is in practical speak but if it is drug and alcohol services; the County better have some supervision. And where will the bums who hang out in front of these buildings go? Better not be near all the apartments where they already hang out hours of the day and night, trashing and littering and wasting EPD and CSET resources. Carter House is on their own; I tried speaking with General Manager Troy Ritchie but he had already been schooled about me from the good ole boys I expose and refused to listen. If Carter House cannot be bothered to use their influence; I will speak for the businesses, hotels and property owners who do appreciate public safety.

Just in the last three months, EPD and CSET have cleaned up 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th, I see more people housed but people who refuse are still on the street. It isn't mental illness or trauma; it is alcohol, drugs and not wanting to follow rules. It isn't houseless as the California PC enablers and those who profit from people being dependent call them; these are bums who know that nothing happens to hold them accountable in Humboldt and California. 

The County and the City of Eureka refuse to provide public stats or information on their own that the amount of people needing help this year has doubled compared to last year and it is people from out of the county and out of state. I have written from my observations and I have unofficial confirmation.

The waiting lists will get longer and all the new housing will not make a dent until services are not given to any Tom, Dick or Harry who has been here for a few days, weeks or months instead of locals.

I wouldn't pay $550,000 for the dump that are those three properties and they will need fixing, fumigating and disinfecting. How is the County going to pay for the additional costs?

Look at the building the Humboldt County Public Defender's Office is in; the County cannot even fix windows broken into for weeks.

I have included some of the pages from Fidelity. The rest you can go read online.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.