Tip: "Frank Alves wife who he lives with is posting a room in there home for rent reaching out to another vulnerable person and she was the developmentally delayed IHSS careprovider that was raped careprovider this is so unacceptable to me they are allowed to do this.This was posted on whats up Mckinleyville facebook page. "
The person who sent the tip and screenshot is incorrect about one claim because Frank Alves was ultimately not convicted of rape but pleaded guilty to sexual battery.
Frank Alves was arrested for rape. I covered the preliminary hearing. I heard the testimony the victim gave to law enforcement. Covering courts, I know why the DA made the deal for sexual battery.
The person is correct to be concerned about this ad and I have forwarded it to the appropriate people at the Humboldt DA's office.
I was the only one to cover convicted sex offender Frank Alves criminal case from arrest to conclusion. I also covered a civil lawsuit. I have provided links to all my coverage with court records.
I am including some information from my previous coverage to correct what the person sent in the tip. For court documents and more details, if you haven't, then you should read the previous posts.
"On October 1, 2025, forcible rape suspect Frank Alves has resolved his case. This was on Day 2 of the jury trial assigned to Humboldt Superior Court Presiding Judge Kelly Neel. Deputy District Attorney Carolyn Schaffer is the prosecutor for the case. Mr. Gregory Kreis is Alves' attorney.
Information was amended to include two additional counts. Alves was the caregiver for Jane Doe, a dependent adult. Jane Doe is legally blind.
7 original counts dismissed; Alves pleaded guilty to Count 8 PC 368 (b) (1) elder or dependent adult abuse as a felony and Count 9 PC 243.4 (e) (1) sexual battery as a misdemeanor Alves is required to register as a sex offender."
"Convicted sex offender and sexual batterer Frank Alves was sentenced to 2 years probation."
Frank and Maxine Alves are parties in a civil lawsuit with with allegations of financial elder abuse. I did one post on that litigation. CV2200640 settled. Since my last post, the Readiness conference on 5/5 was continued to 5/16/25, the JT on 5/19 was vacated since the case settled. Dismissal scheduled on 8/25/25."
This is why it matters what court coverage you read.
Previous posts:
https://johnchiv.blogspot.com/2025/10/convicted-sex-offender-and-sexual.html?m=1
https://johnchiv.blogspot.com/2025/10/forcible-rape-suspect-resolves-case.html?m=1#more
https://johnchiv.blogspot.com/2025/09/forcible-rape-suspect-frank-alves-4.html?m=1
https://johnchiv.blogspot.com/2025/04/forcible-rape-suspect-lets-go-of-ken.html?m=1
https://johnchiv.blogspot.com/2025/04/frank-and-maxine-alves-are-parties-in.html?m=1
https://johnchiv.blogspot.com/2025/03/frank-alves-held-to-answer-to-forcible.html?m=1



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.