Sep 17, 2026

Ray Christie has retained another powerhouse lawyer, cash, payments and more in recent filings in Redwood Meat Co and Nylander lawsuit aka Humboldt Yellowstone's latest episode

 

I have been the only one covering the Nylander family lawsuit involving Redwood Meat Company for months now. 

This post picks up from the most recent updates I added to the August 22 post about the ex parte motion filed by Harland Law Firm Ms. Heather Burke on 8/28/26. She represents John and Ryan Nylander. The documents she filed were not available until week. The hearing on motion for summary judgement filed by the plaintiffs Syephanie, Rachel and Russel Nylander was continued from 9/11/26 to tomorrow. The hearing on Ms. Burke's ex parte motion is scheduled for 9/21/26. Trial assignment is currently on 10/26/26; jury trial on 10/28/26.

Mr. Dustin Owens represents Redwood Meat Co. He filed a request for judicial notice in support of the opposition to plaintiff's motion for summary judgement on 8/21.

Exclusively, for the first time here, I am including Mr. Stuart Smits, who is attorney for Ray Christie, the majority shareholder of Redwood Meat Co. He is a Sacramento attorney and his expertise includes real estate law and Native American law.

Ms. Shelley Addision is representing Marleen Nylander who I sometimes refer to Mama Nylander. Ms. Cyndy Day-Wilson represents Stephanie, Rachel and Russel Nylander

The court documents are lengthy. On 8/21/26, Ms. Burke filed 30 documents.

This blog and my other platforms require daily reading and multiple times a day. For those not keeping up with my regular coverage, the summary is Ms. Burke and Mr. Owen winning over Ms. Cyndy Day Wilson. 

I have provided screenshots and previous links several times. If you are not a regular reader, the search feature provides free access to all posts on any case and topic. Advertisers,  subscribers and contributors get the extras I provided for free for 12 years as well as customized perks and benefits.

For the lawyers, I have included Ms. Burke's ex-parte motion to bifurcate and try special litigation committee affirmative defense first and her declaration.

For the lawyers and the readers who are more interested in Humboldt Yellowstone's latest episode I have included Redwood Meat Co Board of Director court minutes from October 4, 2024 and an email exchange between Mr. Owens and Ms Cyndy Day-Wilson about cash, payments and some insight into the Nylander family dispute.

These are only three of the exhibits included with Ms. Burke's September 16 filing.

Outcomes for the two September hearings will be added to this post.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.