Sep 18, 2026

John Chaffin is spot on about the rest of the local press in Humboldt

 






I am sharing John Chaffin's Facebook post not because he shared my post. He is one of my readers.

I don't agree with everything in his Facebook post. For example his categorizing Eureka Councilmember Renee Contreras-DeLoach with the other Councilmembers. I do agree with most of what he is saying in this Facebook post. Some of his claims are facts such as Humboldt DA Stacey Eads' office shortfall mentioned at the recent Humboldt County Board of Supervisors and Eureka Councilmember Leslie Castellano's relative working for the City of Eureka.

What he is spot on is about the rest of the local media in Humboldt. I would add KINS to the list of so called local "press." The good ole boys and gals, conservative or liberal, are the same.

Crickets from the rest of the local "press" on  Anil Dwivedi during this campaign season. The rest of the local media won't go after him because if you have money and connections; they look the other way.

John Chaffin and I disagree about Anil. I interviewed Anil before lived at Hillsdale Apartments and I have been in the courtroom to hear his spin and defense. I covered some of his endorsers who are good ole boys which is an extra reason for me to distrust him. Anil can say whatever he wants but out of all the three terrible choices for Eureka Mayor; he is the worst.

All three choices for Eureka Mayor are a no for me. Anyone who associates with Cornelius is an automatic no for me and that is based on my own personal experience with him, some of his associates and court coverage. I was the only one to cover the restraining order granted against him.


I am not voting for Kim Bergel either. 

There are plenty of good ole conservative  Humboldtians who are protected in Humboldt by other local media.

The good ole boys and the local media tools are aided by the anon Humboldt insiders who use the cesspool that is Humboldt Reddit and anonymous accounts to smear, lie and hide to avoid legal consequences. You think some of the good ole boys and the media tools don't have Reddit or other anon accounts? I can tell you from the days before I started reporting; hiding like cowards and stleath attacks is their m.o.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.