EPD posted this yesterday on Facebook. I think this post needed to be highlighted. I appreciate all of EPD but Officer Jack Cole is one of the best. I do know some officers better than others based on seeing them often and observing them in the field. Whoever wrote this post, thank you for including the first names. I know both their first names but it is information for most of the public.
"The Eureka Police Department is proud to recognize Officer Jack Cole and Officer Travis Gardner, who were recently honored with this year’s MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Driving) Awards for their commitment to preventing impaired driving and keeping our community safe.
Every day, our officers work to make Eureka’s roads safer by addressing dangerous driving behaviors, responding to traffic concerns, and taking impaired drivers off the road before they have the opportunity to hurt themselves or someone else.
Impaired driving continues to be a serious threat to communities across the country. In 2025, more than 12,000 people lost their lives in alcohol-impaired driving crashes in the United States. Behind every one of those numbers is a family, a friend, and a community impacted by a 100% preventable tragedy.
Traffic safety remains a major focus for the Eureka Police Department, and we appreciate the dedication of our officers who work every day to protect everyone who uses our roadways.
Congratulations to Officer Cole and Officer Gardner on this well-deserved recognition!
Be Responsible. Don’t Drink and Drive."-- EPD

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.