Destinee Rhamy's trial just settled before jury selection with a plea for involuntary manslaughter. She just walked out with Ms. Andrea Sullivan.
Senior Deputy Roger Rees is speaking with victim's mother just now.
I spoke with Ms. Sullivan. "Ms. Rhamy accepted a plea today for involuntary manslaughter. The DA, defense and Humboldt Superior Court Judge Lawrence Killoran all agreed she could serve her sentence on SWAP. If SWAP denies her she can withdraw her plea."
As I have previously reported, Holland Elbik's mother was a fan of my reporting until my coverage brought out facts from court reporting and testimony and exclusive information I researched that was inconvenient.
Elbik's mother looked pissed when she walked into the conference room with Mr. Rees. My guess she thought Rhamy would be remanded.
Unlike Elbik's mother, if you want the complete details and context and you did not read previous coverage, access all those posts via the search feature on the blog.
I included relevant information and court minutes from 9/14 and 9/15 in my Monday post so this isn't a surprise. Sentencing is on 10/30.
Court minutes from today have more details.







No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.