I sent this email to DHHS Director Connie Beck, County of Humboldt PIO Cati Gallardo and Jeff Davis, Director for Uplift, City of Eureka at 1:38 p.m.
Thanks to Cati, this is the response I got from Christine Messinger at 2:06 p.m.
Compare DHHS' response to the response I got from Jeff Davis at 2:33 p.m. I cropped Cheryl's contact information.
I asked this question as media. Imagine if you are homeless or on the verge of being homeless. With the retaliation I face in Humboldt for my reporting and other safety reasons, I have had to move many times in the last year and I have struggled finding housing for four years before and I called every so called agency supposed to help with housing. My experience is what others have experienced.
The only ones who help right away and made a difference was Uplift.
DHHS gets a chunk of the County's budget. The City of Eureka has several housing projects. Are they affordable? That is debatable. Too little for the demand, especially with out of county and out of state people showing up.
The Housing Authority list is a joke. There are non profits that funded because they stroke egos. Where is the oversight? I am not wasting my time contacting Cheryl because it makes no difference.
Bubba Rex is always whining that money is thrown but the problem of there being homeless exists. Well Rex, maybe if the County hired people who were capable instead of sycophants and the County actually monitored and held department heads and management accountable who gave a damn about anyone other than their salaries; there would be better results.
If you and your good ole boy buddies really want to see people succeed; then start by stepping down and allowing someone new to lead because decades of the current "leadership" including you has not worked for anyone except you and your good ole boys club.
Also educate some of your DHHS staff that their salaries are paid by taxpayers and the funds from grants that keep their bloated management positions which means they could at least fake the effort and concern and provide me answers instead of passing me off to the Housing Authority.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.