Sep 9, 2026

Edward Neagu playing musical chairs with attorneys made worse by the incompetence of Humboldt courts

 






I have provided screenshots of all my coverage of alleged molestor Edward Neagu's case because it is relevant to what happened yesterday. I am no longer linking previous posts for every case. Most of my readers check multiple times a day. In this case, I did it for a reason that should be obvious.

Neagu has gone through several attorneys. And he has wasted time and delayed justice for the alleged victims. There is also incompetence from Humboldt Superior Court.

Retired Humboldt Superior Court Judge John Feeney was brought up to date by Ms. Andrea Sullivan yesterday. 

Ms. Sullivan was appointed because the Public Defender's Office and Conflict Counsel had conflicts. Neagu then hired a private LA attorney, Sarkis Jacob Babachanian. He didn't even last two months. Conflict Counsel was appointed again. More waste of time. Of course  there was a conflict. The Humboldt County CAO's office then contacted Ms. Sullivan again for appointment. She came to Humboldt yesterday specifically to accept appointment to find out in court that Neagu had hired another LA private attorney, Steven Ipsen. Of course, setting of preliminary hearing to 10/13/26.

Senior Deputy Roger Rees appeared on the case for the People.

If I can follow and see that Conflict Counsel should not have been appointed the second time, how hard is it for the clerk to inform a judge when it is listed in the case management system? Maybe because when I am checking 40 to 50 cases a day, the clerks are checking and doing paperwork for 150 or 200?

There are too many unnecessary hearings because everything is rushed and inmates are literally running the asylum that is Humboldt Superior Court. The courts, some judges and certain public defenders are not respectful of other people's time. Endless continuances is not going to fix the backlog. And come up with new excuses for the continuances that I have heard for 12 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.