25 years ago, I was living in Atlanta when my phone rang early morning. "Turn your TV on. We are under attack."
Before Atlanta, I lived in Pennsylvania, in Philadelphia and went to college a few hours north. So the 9/11 attack affected me on many levels. In addition to the shock we were all feeling, some friends were concerned for my safety. I had not even thought about that because I had not experienced any issues and fortunately I didn't. I worked for mainstream, traditional media when I lived on the East Coast. Most people will remember exactly where they were when the news broke. I had friends from college who lived and worked in New York City. I called them. I remember President George W. Bush addressing the nation. For me 9/11 is about our first responders, unity in the nation and strength of those who died protecting others. Mayor Rudy Giuliani at that time deserved the title bestowed on him.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.