Eureka Mayor Kim Bergel is not at the Eureka Council meeting today. Ward 1 Councilmember Leslie Castellano is running the meeting tonight. I went today to find who brought the vacant property ordinance forward. It was Councilmember Castellano with staff and I thanked her. I already did a post giving this idea kudos last week.
My other reason was to thank EPD for all their efforts daily but especially the difference in 5th and 4th streets around City Hall, the Courthouse. I knew Chief Brian Stephens would be there. EPD can only do so much. Property owners of the parking lots near Eureka City Hall need to start being more responsible for the riff raff that hang out daily and all night. These people do not work unlike many of us who live in the area.
The photo I took is of the parking lot which last known Security National is responsible for and the two transients are just some of the regulars there day and night disturbing residents in the area.
Ward 5 candidate Kathleen Herrera is here at today's Eureka City Council meeting. She is going to speak on more education about bike safety. I told her Eureka Police Department has already done education and any additional efforts would require people to actually read. She is 79 years old and here at a meeting, where are the other candidates?
I left shortly after the meeting started. Ward 3 candidate Janelle Jackson contacted me that she arrived later after a work meeting around 6:15 p.m.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.