Sep 30, 2026

Deputy DA Dave Watson determined there was insufficient evidence to prove the charges beyond a reasonable doubt








I had already added the dismissal update with the court order on 9/24/26 to this previous post on James Whitchurch.

https://johnchiv.blogspot.com/2026/04/dui-suspect-james-whitchurch-is-no.html?m=1

Humboldt County DA Stacey Eads sent me this email to my inquiry about the dismissal in former EPD officer James Whitchurch case."The assigned DDA determined there was insufficient evidence to prove the charges beyond a reasonable doubt. The analysis took into consideration evidence available at the time of filing as well as additional information he received from a defense expert following the filing of charges."

I sent my inquiry today at 1:52 today, got a response at 2:12. Maybe DA Stacey Eads responded to me because I don't email her every other day and she knows, like most people, where readers go for Humboldt court coverage.

I covered the arrest and Whitchurch's case for months and regularly unlike the random court coverage by other local media.

DA Eads could have released a statement to all media but unlike the rest of the media I understand why that is not possible because I know what those who work in the local courts go through and their work conditions.

The public is correct to question Whitchurch's dismissal just as I did the DUI case dismissed for Humboldt Superior Court clerk Annisha Harris which only I covered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.