Sep 27, 2026

I was looking for something else found a guilty conviction for Adrian Kamada in a 2024 case

 




I was looking for something else last week and found this guilty conviction in a 2024 traffic case for Humboldt Deputy Public Defender Adrian Kamada.

Thank you to APD for citing him. Thank you Humboldt District Attorney for filing the case. Thank you Humboldt Superior Court Commissioner Sarah Kaber who makes rulings based on law and not who you are.



These are just some of the posts on why Adrian Kamada should never be the Humboldt County District Attorney.

With arguments on Friday in Ray Christie's federal lawsuit against County of Humboldt and Kamada being one of the defendants; one more reason for this post.

To the anon insider in an online comment section in Lost Coast Outpost, you have no clue when you say Kamada would have been a better DA. Times Standard endorsed Adrian Kamada. TS needs a different publisher than good ole boy Richmond's son. Someone who actually has a clue about journalism and is a professional and knows how to build a business and retain decent reporters.  

I have concerns and valid criticisms of Stacey Eads since she became DA but the only one promoting Kamada would be his buddies involved in Humboldt Superior Court or one of his good ole Humboldt boy connections or a court insider.

He lost the election because he is lazy and not competent.

The May 5, 2022 letter section in Mad River Union had two letters about Adrian Kamada and anyone who is familiar with Humboldt Superior Court their observations are accurate about why officers stand in the hallways. 

In 2026, the continuances by the DA and stipulation are adding up but that was not the case when Adrian Kamada ran for D.A.

My observations and opinions about Humboldt Superior Court about anyone are based on facts and knowledge of 12 years. 

These are the letters.

I am the subpoena clerk at the District Attorney’s office. Candidate Adrian Kamada has made statements regarding “officers standing in the court hallways” as well as descriptions of how our office operates that show that not only does he not understand how the court or our office operates, but that he is willing to make false or uninformed statements, which is alarming to me.

The District Attorney’s office does not use a “print and sign” system for a majority of its subpoenas as Kamada claims, we use primarily electronic acknowledgement. We do NOT use a “standby” system. Digitizing takes time and has already been in the works. It appalls me that Kamada is willing to take claim for ideas that are not his.

Further, the court schedules hearings. Our office has no control. The court chooses to set 10 to 30 preliminary hearings every day, four days a week, at 9:15 a.m., and requires us to have all our witnesses available. And, most of the time when court cases are continued (pushed forward to a future court date), it is because defense requested it, often without giving notice to the prosecution (requiring us to unnecessarily have our officers in court at 9:15 a.m.). If you look up any case’s procedural history, you will find a majority of its continuances are either from the defense or the court.

None of Kamada’s ideas surrounding creating “efficiency” in our local courthouse make any logical sense to me, and he does not seem to understand how it currently operates, and I wanted the public to know this before they cast their vote. If Kamada was actually committed to not having attorneys and officers wasting their time in court he could help fix that problem by advocating for more funding for our overworked and underfunded systems.

May Johnson

McKinleyville

I’ve tried sex and homicide cases since 1980. I’ve been a prosecutor, civil rights lawyer, defense attorney, a captain in the U.S. Army-lead prosecutor for the Fort Ord JAG office. I’ve won millions for people abused by cops, caused a police chief to resign, and successfully defended those wrongly accused of sex crimes.

But mostly I’ve prosecuted child abuse, rape and homicide.

Admitted in Connecticut, New Hampshire, Massachussetts, California and several federal jurisdictions.

Humboldt DDA 1996-2006, 2014-2017.

Left Humboldt in 2006 to be supervisor of the Santa Cruz sex crimes unit. Also tried homicides.

I know Mr. Kamada. I was assigned to monitor his professional development in 2015-2016. I remember him as immature, arrogant, ineffective. In the almost eight years he’s been a lawyer, he’s tried only 12 jury cases, and lost most of them. He has no leadership or administrative experience. Based on his attitude and performance I recommended his dismissal, repeatedly, years before it happened.

**I took out the one sentence about Michael Acosta and paragraphs about Stacey Eads from from former Humboldt Deputy DA Isaac's letter. He is the prosecutor who successfully convicted Gary Lee Bullock.**

Andrew Isaac

Moultonborough, New Hampshire

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.