These are the previous posts I have done regarding the possible appointment of Gregory Kreis to head Alternate Conflict Counsel.
The County of Humboldt refuses to release any information.
The tip I got about Gregory Kreis being considered as a potential candidate was direct and someone who would be privy to such information.
This afternoon, I received this message. "Not sure if true" raised doubt for obvious reasons.
The person who sent me the message has been accurate about some tips but the information about Gregory Kreis is second hand. I asked for some information about the tipster and their source. Got a response that their source will not go on record but has connections to the system.
Does this person with connections know of some behind the scenes deal with Gregory Kreis or is this false information being circulated and a deliberate tip sent my way to entrap me?
I will not say how I know but the job application has not been posted yet. This is from a credible source. I checked before I did this post.
So how could Gregory Kreis be offered the job?
Since my posts on Kreis' possible appointment, those in the system; those who are in the Humboldt and California legal community feel the County is aware there are concerns regarding Kreis and that he has critics who oppose appointing someone ousted by Humboldt voters, a history of settling a lawsuit, making a deal to resign with the California Commission on Judicial Performance and who can never seek judicial office in California again. The same people, like me, also know of the close friendship between Kreis and Humboldt Public Defender Luke Brownfield. This isn't a secret. It is a part of former court documents and well known in the Humboldt legal community. I have personally witnessed in courtrooms and outside court, conversations about cases where the PD has a conflict and Kreis being court appointed between Luke and Kreis. Luke will have input on who is chosen for Alternate Conflict Counsel.
Sonoma Superior Court Judge Shelly Averill in her ruling in Gregory Kreis' family law case against Brenda Elvine wrote she found Gregory Kreis' testimony regarding his current income to lack credibility.
Kreis is also the former judge who reversed Retired Humboldt Superior Court Judge Joyce Hinrichs policy about releasing grand jury reports during an election year. This was during the County of Humboldt vs former Auditor Controller Karen Paz Dominguez "battle." First District Supervisor Rex Bohn was front and center in calling out Paz Dominguez.
The County of Humboldt is arrogant and they have made questionable hiring decisions in the past that have cost the taxpayers. I don't trust the County of Humboldt based on their actions, the number of lawsuits and settlements because of their stupidity and ego.
The fact that the County of Humboldt is refusing to release information to me twice and when I specifically asked about communications from Brownfield to BOS indicates there is something they do not want the public to know.
I have tried to verify if Kreis is a potential candidate. I have done my due diligence. What have you as taxpayers and constituents of this County done to hold people at 825 Fifth street transparent and accountable besides kvetch online because the same people have been in charge for decades. They retaliate, smear and try to silence anyone who stands up for the People. I can speak for myself with emails and court records to back my opinion.
Anyone who believes I am the only one in Humboldt experiencing this; I have a bridge to sell you and I could use the money.
The County of Humboldt has other choices to lead the Alternate Conflict Counsel's Office. If the Humboldt County Board of Supervisors are so concerned about the budget, they can start by hiring people without baggage.
Crickets from the local media tools; as usual.




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.