Sep 28, 2026

EPD responds to 4th and L at 1:30 a.m.

At 1:30 a.m. heard a woman screaming for help and what sounded like a man beating her and he was yelling at her. I dialed EPD dispatch and as I was speaking to operator, I saw two EPD cars turn on 5th and L. At 1:40 a.m. saw ambulance on scene. I told dispatch that the officers maybe responding to why I called. Dispatch said they were at 4th and L. Initially when I heard the screaming it sounded like 4th and L. They were still on scene after 2 a.m.

This corner has issues all the time. So does 5th and K, 4th and K. EPD responds quickly. The failure is on the City of Eureka and County of Humboldt and judges who need to issue a stay away order for repeat offenders who never move a block or two from the Courthouse. Known criminals hang out in the area between I and L on 4th and 5th, there are bums loitering and the alley between Mother Bernard House, the former Royal Inn which is now safe and sober living, several safe and sober houses on 4th between K and L  and people hanging out near the jail are the root cause of noise and criminal activity. These people never move. The City of Eureka and County of Humboldt don't do anything about miscreants coming here out of the county and from other states who are mouthy, disrespectful to our local law enforcement and taking services away from locals. 

Today, it was  not just noise, screaming all night and barking dogs.

9/28/26: 9/28/26: At 1:34 a.m. exactly when I dialed EPD,  there is a call for disturbance/physical fight. I contacted EPD Police Analyst Rachel Sollom. With officers who responded last night off duty this morning, she had limited information and could only confirm "a report of a disturbance at 1:35 in the morning in the vicinity of fourth and L and no arrest was made." The 1:35 a.m. time corresponds with when I was on the phone with dispatch. Often these parties are known to each other.

No name, no info profiles and trolls from Washington State and Fortuna can fix the places they live in instead of the scripted talking points about Eureka and incidents they have no first hand knowlege or experience. Stop with the "criminalizing homeless" bs. These are chronic bums, lifelong drunks and drug addicts who refuse to change because they know the enablers will assist in keeping them dependent instead of self sufficiency. That requires rules and legal consequences. There are resources to get off the streets and stop addiction and people who want to succeed do despite hardship in their journeys. These miscreants take resources away from the strong survivors.

People who work and contribute to society have rights. There is no right for troublemakers to whatever they like on public property and they do not get to trample over law abiding citizens. To the person who thinks he knows the law, google and do some research before opening your ignorant anon mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.