At 10:20, I stopped by the Humboldt County DA's office and the CHP report for Selah Town was received. Charges are being entered right now.
Here are the complete charges which include murder, DUI with several special allegations. Arraignment is scheduled this afternoon. Right now it says late arraignment but with courts, things change. I will add attorney and date information after the hearing. I don't have to be in the courtroom for that information but I will go to see if my hunch about who Town's attorney is correct.
Selah Rylan Town aka Marcayla Salas has a blood alcohol level of .19/20 but that blood alcohol concentration is pending according to the complaint.
I almost did not post this because the other media follow my blog and Facebook page. I do the work and they get free tips. If they get the charges in today, it because like you, they heard it here first.
1:08 p.m. Unlike LOCO who predictably did a lazy half ass follow up on Selah Town's arraignment after I posted and called DA Stacey Eads on a busy day, as I wrote in my original post with the charges, late arraignments get moved up. Selah Town's arraignment is now scheduled at 1:29 p.m. More exclusive, the Selah Town case is expected to be called first. Senior Deputy DA Roger Rees is the prosecutor.
I am already here because seats maybe difficult since there are several people here for the case.
Not showing up in court is one thing, one can check court minutes to get basics. What I don't do is call the DA or attorneys for information that is in the court system and public records because I am not lazy. Also, I don't rely on families of victims or defendants to give me information from court which may not be accurate and has bias. If you can't be bothered to put in the effort to show up or do actual work to report, don't call yourself a journalist and pass it off as your work.
I report on 40 50 court cases a day, live with court documents and complex legal issues and terminology and other news. I do my own work scooping other local media with just a cell phone. I have to earn my own money.
1:45 p.m. No bail hold for Selah Town remains until OR bail hearing on 9/29. Humboldt Superior Court Judge Lawrence Killoran read the entire complaint. When he asked if she could afford an attorney or needed one appointed, in a teary soft voice, Town said "yes."
Public Defender's office appointed. Time not waived. Preliminary hearing on October 8.
While defense requested referral to supervised release, the People intend to have witnesses testify at the bail hearing for no bail hold and requested extra timebe set aside. Initial report and rap sheet provided to defense in court. Some members of Ronnie Franklin's family spoke with Deputy Public Defender Ben McLaughlin and private attorney Beorn Zepp before court. Courtroom 5 was packed except for myself and Times Standard's Robert Schaulis. There were 5 extra bailiffs in addition to the regular Courtroom 5 bailiff in court. Kudos to Humboldt Superior Court admin for organizing and making sure that this arraignment was called first and bailiff Anthony Silva who was excellent in explaining rules and seating arrangements.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.