This isn't the kind of scoop or breaking news I want to post but it just happened. I had a meeting this morning with Ward 5 Eureka Councilmember Renee Contreras-DeLoach. She called me to cancel. She told me she is withrawing and will not be running for re-election. She is not making any further official statement at this time. Not to me, not to other media until she is ready. We happened to talk today and she told me. I know Renee and some of her family members before she ran for Eureka City Council. I am her constituent. She has been the the one Councilmember who has listened and helped me as a Eureka resident.
I will never vote for former Eureka City Councilmember Jeff Leonard who is the only other Ward 5 candidate and he should not win this by default. I hope someone steps up because the deadline will be extended. Renee is independent and that is rare for any elected official.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.