On the August 18, 2026 Humboldt County Board of Supervisors agenda is an item of the retirement of Animal Control Officer Robert "Rob" Patton.
As far as I know, I have not interacted with Officer Patton. I am familiar with some other employees who work for the County. Prior to working for the County, Officer Patton worked for Eureka Police Department.
People retire all the time. As an investigative reporter as well as someone who for 22 years has lived in Humboldt County, active in politics before I started doing local reporting, I am familiar how Humboldt County operates.
I have reported on several people on this blog who then retire and some move on to other positions. Anyone with common sense has to wonder about the retirement of an animal control officer mentioned in a statement by Shannon Miranda in the midst of an ongoing Miranda's Rescue investigation.
In this July 31, 2026, I ran a statement issued by Shannon Miranda before anyone else.
https://johnchiv.blogspot.com/2026/07/exclusive-media-coverage-social-media.html?m=1
This is the part of the statement that applies to Rob Patton.
"Whenever I have had to euthanize an animal, I have contacted Rob Patton, the manager of the local animal control office (part of the Sheriff's Office), beforehand to advise them of the situation. Even when 1 was told that such notification wasn't required, I continued to do so because I believe it's important to maintain a record of these actions. Rob Patton has also inspected Miranda's Rescue numerous times over the years."

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.