Saw two CHP vehicles pull out of the EDD parking lot on K street between 4th and 5th in Eureka at 11:32 today. and head to the Humboldt County jail. CHP is in this area frequently for traffic stops. I will check the jail log tomorrow. This parking lot has a lot of suspicious activity. I keep an eye and notify EPD and it has been a deterrent. I also made EDD aware so they can monitor the parking lot. Don't know if CHP today is EDD finally taking action. I do that around the places I walk frequently. Many vehicles and people are known to EPD. I recognize a lot of the regulars from the Courthouse, outside the jail and I have seen many new faces, with suitcases and out of state and out of County vehicles. What are our elected officials doing? These people are here taking services and housing from locals. They cost Eureka and Humboldt taxpayers money. The increased numbers are only good for politicians and DHHS and stats for grants. This November, there are chances to change three Eureka Councilmembers and the Mayor.
I have given up on this useless Eureka City Council, the County of Humboldt and the State of California. I just work with EPD. People may not be aware or chose to ignore that EPD routinely patrols areas and is pro active. Many arrests do not make headlines. If you want your neighborhood to be safe, be part of the solution and appreciate the many efforts of EPD and CSET.
5th, 4th and sometimes 3rd street are better, not because of the useless local electeds above but due to the efforts of EPD, CSET and engaged citizens like me who care about the neighborhood we live in; the chronic locals like Josan Hattje and the newcomer miscreants remain blocking sidewalks and being disruptive because of the failure of the electeds and the people who fund them and vote for lawlessness and accountability.
Of course it did not take long today for the same problem areas, the corner of 5th and L and 4th and L to start having issues again. A woman I wrote about in a post where HCSO Sgt. Josh Comer says, "We cannot do anything about crazy ma'am" who frightened a child, spews filth is back on the street after a big show by Conflict Counsel's Danette Kellerman supposedly taking her to servicesor helping facilitate treatment. No one supervises this dog and phony show of CARE court or diversion.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.