Aug 21, 2026

It is going to be a busy evening for EPD

3:58 p.m. The guy in the beige shorts and white shirt just walked up to me on 5th street near Burger King, would not move, kept blocking me as I tried to keep walking, took a swing, I had to step off the sidewalk while there was cars driving by to avoid a punch. Wouldn't listen, just move, just kept demanding stuff from me including a "smoke" and was not fazed when I mentioned calling Eureka Police.

5:42 Saw this guy again on 4th and K near jail parking lot yelling, said something violent and racist to me after I had crossed the street to avoid him.

"You are going to get the police called on you," I yelled back. He scampered away on 4th street and was out of sight.

I did not call EPD. They are busy as usual.

He isn't the only zombie or crazy on 101. Another guy white shorts, black and white shirt near the gas station on 4th and L screaming his lungs as he does every morning, afternoon and night.

Never seen these guys before. Nor the several campers with various out of state license plates. The City of Eureka and County of Humboldt officials just ignore this, they go home where they don't get bothered. 

More out of the area potential benefit seekers. Got to keep those numbers up to get more DHHS grants. Locals who live in the area get their benefits cut to accomodate out of towners who just showed up. EPD removes one abandoned vehicle and another shows up minutes later to take its place. Make Parking Lots great again will kvetch online, diss those struggling and working and living in affordable housing but also hang out with "King Rex and Miles" at some event. They say they want to Make Eureka Great Again, their actions say the opposite.

When have they said thank you to EPD, me or those actually working to make Eureka better and safe?

I am going to call these selfish Humboldt scrooges every chance I get. I volunteered plenty for them before I started reporting. The people they fund to run for office or heap praise on at the pre chosen award dinners and events parrot the same talking points. They do nothing except what benefits them. They do not back the blue unless they need them.

It isn't like this everywhere. It is Humboldt. Most here have not traveled the country, let alone been around the world multiple times.

5:44  p.m.saw Eureka Police vehicle with lights and sirens turn from I onto 4th headed towards Broadway.

5:45 p.m. Saw another EPD officer, no lights and siren turn the exact corner in that direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.