I have done several posts on Eureka Police officers leaving since EPD Chief Brian Stephens took over. As long as Miles Slattery is Eureka City Manager, Chief Stephens' position is secure.
Read between the lines why that one line maybe relevant to the post. I am not going to publish everything I know or why because most of Humboldt does not invest in me or cover the risk I take to report information others will not and the other media has no clue because they are not trusted by anyone who isn't the good ole boy crowd or biased parties wanting one sided narratives. The cheapest and pettiest are the Humboldt 1% scrooges who will not control me nor will I stroke their incompetent egos. Humboldt, specifically Eureka, is in decline because these old farts and their incompetent progeny and their fragile egos keep it stagnant and the same boors remain in charge. None of these scrooges want Eureka to improve. They and their sycophants are self absorbed, selfish and weak. Eureka has potential and can thrive under the right leadership.
For me to say more would require people to go on record and they have not and will not which is standard for Humboldt. Whine anonymously, let someone else take the risk and do nothing is what Humboldt does.
EPD is full of excellent officers and personnel. EPD is the #1 positive for me in Eureka.
The only current Eureka Councilmember who stood up to Miles is not running for re-election this year.
Two more veteran and experienced officers are leaving EPD. Officer Michael Shaw gave his two weeks notice. Officer Spencer Barrett applied to HCSO and nearing the end of the hiring process.
I have previously mentioned Officers Tim Marsolan, Det Richard Bise, Sgt Greg Hill left and went to the Humboldt County DA's office; Officer Jonathan Eckert to HCSO. Officer Ryan Flowers left and went to Cal Poly Humboldt Police Department. Former EPD Sgt. and DA Investigator Hill is now with the Cal Poly Humboldt Police Department.
I did not write about former EPD Officer Andrew Endsley leaving because he did not go to another law enforcement agency.
If you read my reporting, I have given Chief Stephens kudos when deserved, I have also criticized him. I do not like the changes he has made which affect me as a resident and media and I have said this publicly.
I don't use anon names or gossip behind people's back. Experienced officers leaving EPD affects my daily life and yours.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.