Aug 29, 2026

Charles Garth vs Mercer Fraser "matter under appeal"

 


I did this one post on Charles Garth's lawsuit. I added an update to that post about a Case Management Conference scheduled for 8/28/26.

If you did not read the February 7, 2026 post, I have included a summary. For court documents, you will have to access the previous post.

"Few local media have covered Charles Garth, the Yee haw commune in Trinidad and reported on the Humboldt County Board of Supervors and code enforcement.

I have not seen any coverage of the February 2025 lawsuit filed by Eric Kirk on behalf of Charles Garth et al against Mercer Fraser. There was an original complaint, then a second amended complaint and now, possibly a third amended complaint.

On 2/4/26, Humboldt Superior Court Assistant Presiding Judge Timothy Canning sustained Mercer Fraser's demurrer sustained to the second amended complaint with leave to file third amended complaint.

Mercer Fraser is being represented by Ms. Sabrina Barr, attorney with Harrison, Temblador, Hungerford & Guernsey."

On 8/28/26, Eric Kirk told Judge Canning the matter is on appeal and requested a continuance to 12/7/26. Ms. Sabrina Stillman appeared in court for Mercer Fraser. There is a hearing on 9/11 on a motion by Mercer Fraser for authorization of service by publication.

I could not find any such case on the appellate court site and I tried searching under different criteria. Don't have the time to go on a chase at the moment to track it down; usually the number is entered in the Humboldt court system. The case lists an appeal was filed on 8/27/26.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.