In February, I reported on this lawsuit filed by Jane Doe vs Klamath-Trinity Joint Unified School District et al. That was the first hearing in this case.
Jane Doe is now 22. According to the lawsuit, she was "approximately (7) to (8) years old" and the sexual assaults and abuse took place during the 2009-2010 school year. Jane Doe was enrolled at Hoopa Elementary. Joseph Saint Orozco was employed at Hoopa Elementary and is Jane Doe's abuser.
The lawsuit was filed on August 15, 2025. Jane Doe is represented by Mr. James Warren Lewis, partner at Slater Slater Schulman LLP which is in Beverly Hills.
Klamath-Trinity Joint Unified School District's attorney is listed as Mr. Brian Duus, attorney at Leone Alberts & Duus APC located in Concord.
Convicted molestor Orozco still has no attorney.
If I recall the court minutes for the last hearing, Orozco was not present. On 8/10/26, there is trial setting scheduled for 10/19/26.
If you want more details and to read court documents, read the previous post.
https://johnchiv.blogspot.com/2026/02/jane-doe-sues-convicted-molestor-joseph.html?m=1
Court coverage is time consuming. To be in the courtroom and cover 40 cases a day for 12 plus years costs me financially. Only in the last month, have I cut back on in person coverage. It isn't necessary for mostly minor update and continuances for months. I still spend time daily on court records and I still get scoops and exclusives. After 12 plus years, people's interests have evolved, I cover a lot more than courts and I cover cases that take on the good ole boys and gals, including this one, where there is risk. I do this despite 12 plus years of no investment by Humboldt for my work.
Other local media has been MIA for years until recently in the courts. To ask for money to cover courts after a few months and some random coverage weeks after I have reported on cases takes gall.
Most of Humboldt is not going to pay. Humboldt has always been cheap; especially those with the money and monopoly.
There are still people who email me despite the online portal, despite years of opportunity to contribute and use one of the options for convenience. I no longer respond to such inquiries. I will continue to cover what I do for my loyal readers and the lawyers who make a very frustrating task and especially cases where attorneys stand up for vulnerable victims.
My time is now spent working with people who support me and fund me. That is how any business works. Those who support me do not contact me when they need something nor do they ask for anything.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.