Aug 21, 2026

Jeremy Beauchaine arrested for embezzlement by Rio Dell Police

Received this tip at 8:02 a.m.

"there was a guy jeremy beauchaine that was in the booking logs today for embezzlement. I think he was embezzling from the rio dell fire department. His brother is a police officer for RDPD."

I asked the person for confirmation of the alleged claims about the Rio Dell Fire Department and the Rio Dell Police Department connection.

The jail log does list an arrest for a Jeremy Beauchaine yesterday by Rio Dell Police Department for PC 503 embezzlement. The arrest was by RDPD Police Chief Joshua Phinney. Jeremy Beauchaine posted bond. RDPD has a Sgt. John Beauchaine.

If the claim is correct, than kudos to RDPD for making the arrest.

I have contacted RDPD Chief Phinney.

His response, "John,

Thank you for reaching out. Jeremy Beauchaine was arrested for felony embezzlement, Penal Code § 503, following an investigation initiated after concerns were reported by Rio Dell Fire Chief Ryan Heussler.

The investigation identified numerous unauthorized Fire Department fuel transactions associated with Beauchaine and involving his personal vehicles, with the activity extending back several years. Fire Department staff identified the issue, promptly reported it, and have been fully cooperative and actively involved in ensuring the matter was appropriately investigated.

I can also confirm that Jeremy Beauchaine is the brother of Sergeant John Beauchaine of the Rio Dell Police Department. That relationship did not affect how this matter was investigated or handled.

I believe this case demonstrates the importance both the Rio Dell Police Department and Rio Dell Fire Department place on transparency, accountability, and applying the same standards regardless of who may be involved or who they may be related to.The matter remains an active criminal case, so I will be somewhat limited in providing additional details at this time. Respectfully,"

9:45 a.m:  I also received confirmation from another source that Jeremy Beauchaine is Sgt. John Beauchaine's brother. This other source told me that Jeremy Beauchaine's alleged embezzlement was using a credit card issued by the Rio Dell Fire Department for personal use.

I have contacted Rio Dell Fire Department Chief Ryan Heussler.

Chief Heussler responded, "Good Afternoon Mr. Chiv, 

Please see below statement in regards to the arrest of Mr. Beauchaine

From the Rio Dell Fire Protection District:

In a recent audit of bills a discrepancy was found triggering an internal investigation. At that time Mr. Beauchine was immediately placed on Administrative leave and removed from all district property. Upon review with the local Rio Dell Police Department, Mr. Beauchaine's administrated leave was extended and the case turned over to RDPD. As this is an ongoing investigation, we respect the process and have no further information at this time. "

I checked Humboldt Superior Court and Jeremy Beauchaine has a 2008 conviction in a CHP traffic case. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.