**Photo I took at Jones preliminary hearing with Conflict Counsel Supervising Attorney Meagan O'Connell**
On a hunch I did not rush this morning to go to the Daryl Jones hearing on defense request for mental health diversion. I was correct. It was continued to 8/10 for a contested hearing.
That comes from 12 plus years of covering local courts and decades of court coverage in other jurisdictions. After arguments this morning, Senior Deputy District Attorney Roger Rees noted that defense has an established mental health condition. That is in the court minutes.
The facts are known to the public. I have covered every hearing until now in detail. On 8/10, the only new information is Humboldt Superior Court Presiding Judge Kelly Neel's ruling. Those still interested are present via Zoom or informed by the People or defense. After 12 plus years of dedicated coverage, I will do in person local court coverage according to priority, interest and necessity.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.