It isn't over until the papers are signed, the settlement is filed and then a dismissal is signed by Humboldt Superior Court Assistant Presiding Judge Timothy Canning.
Will Anil Dwivedi keep his word or back out again?
I have been the only one still reporting on the original lawsuit filed against Dwivedi, owner of Hillsdale Apartments in Eureka and the only one to report on the three lawsuits.
On 7/17/26, CV2502045 Amber Kirst vs Dwivedi Tower LLC, CV2502322 Cayman McFarland vs Dwivedi Tower LLC, CV2502425 Chris Kirsch vs Dwivedi LLC were all scheduled for a dismissal hearing.
Mr. Patrik Griego, senior partner at Janssen Malloy, represents all the plaintiffs in this case and the original lawsuit filed by Hillsdale Apartment residents Don Swall, Vanessa Vachon. Rachel Nankervis was added later as a plaintiff to the original lawsuit.
He requested that the dismissal hearings in the three cases be continued since they are part of a class action and will need court approval. Mr. Griego's request was granted by Judge Canning. Next court date is 11/13/26.
The 9/17 and 9/20 dates in CV2500398 Don Swall Vanessa Vachon and Rachel Nankervis vs Dwivedi were vacated. There is still no ruling in the contempt motion filed against Dwivedi in that case which was taken under submission. Settlement in that case and the three other cases are awaiting signatures. A Case Management Conference is scheduled for 10/12/26.
It is very rare for attorneys; especially Humboldt attorneys to take on cases representing fixed income and working but struggling tenants against landlords. Janssen Malloy needs to be commended for taking that risk. They were threatened by defamation by Dhillon Law Group.
Mr. Shawn Coles of the Dhillon Law Firm represents Dwivedi and Dwivedi LLC.
I have included screenshots of two recent posts. I am not going to link all the posts on all the 4 lawsuits I have covered for months and over two years.
**This is a note since there are constantly new readers**
You can search all posts and prior coverage for free on the blog or Google, contact me and be ready to pay for one of the convenient options and support independent reporting that my advertisers, subscribers and contributors have for years.
They do not ask but get customized benefits because I am grateful for their support.
I offer scoops, exclusives, court documents, chronological coverage of every hearing and 12 plus years of experience covering local courts; more nationally. Details that are not just dates or a list of hearings. I have moved to a live and individual customized update for readers who support my work for months now. No one covers court or provides the details I do nationally.
With the Humboldt Superior Court online portal where basic information is supposed to be available as well as my regional and national content, more changes are on the way about free Humboldt court content.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.