Jul 21, 2026

Among the daily DUI arrests, yesterday Arcata High athletic director was arrested yesterday by CHP

 



Received this tip about an hour and half ago. Just saw the email.

"I wanted to pass along a local story tip.
The Humboldt County booking sheet shows that the Arcata High School athletic director was booked for DUI. It also shows that his long time girlfriend was booked for public intoxication.

Because of his position with the school, I thought this might be something worth looking into and reporting. "

Matthew Elliot Dusel was arrested by CHP yesterday for a DUI and blood alcohol level above the legal limit. There is no restriction in posting a social media profile as there is booking photo before conviction. Dusel was released on O.R. Dusel on his booking photo looks the same sans tux.

I am still waiting on the DA to file charges for several arrests, including DUIs from January 2026. All these people posted bond. 

There are a lot of DUI arrests in Humboldt daily. There are even more criminal arrests daily. 

I was able to figure out Dusel on my own but had to follow up regarding the name of the girlfriend.

Dusel has a conviction in a CHP 2019 traffic case and a conviction in a CHP 2018 case.

"Angelin Riddle - Looks to be a typo as they have her listed as Angelia."

The jail log shows CHP arrest for Angelia Nicole Riddle at the same time last night for PC 647 (f)
public intoxication. She is also out of custody.

I checked Humboldt Superior Court and the jail is correct because Angelia Nicole Riddle has a DUI conviction  in a 2009 Ferndale Police Department case.

If charges are filed for Dusel, I will contact Arcata High. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.