Two days ago, in my ongoing coverage of this trial, I posted that former DA now defense attorney Paul Gallegos who is representing alleged molestor Christopher Griffin filed the wrong motion last minute. Senior Deputy District Attorney Whitney Timm argued on the fly; won.
Yesterday, Retired Humboldt Superior Court Judge Christopher Wilson said he was not at the point to declare a mistrial due to sanctions for late discovery by Mr. Gallegos.
Defense investigators Wayne Cox who formerly worked for the Humboldt County DA and defense investigator Adam Jager who formerly worked for CHP as well as Humboldt District Attorney Chief Investigator Kyla Baxley testified yesterday.
Today, closing arguments took place. Jury went into deliberations at 3:57 p.m. Jurors left at 4:29 p.m.
7/31/26: Deliberations supposed to resume at 9:30. Jurors just went in at 9:32 p.m.
Once again, Judge Wilson refused to sanction defense for untimely disclosure of evidence and jury instruction 306.
In a previous post on this trial, I mentioned Griffin's parents do not believe the allegations. What defendant's family does?
What I did not write is that a source told me they are going bankrupt paying for a private lawyer and Griffin's defense.
Yvonne Griffin and Christopher Griffin have a family law case. I wrote about it in previous coverage. She testified for the defense. In some of the molestation cases I have covered, the mother had culpability but was never prosecuted. Yet, none of those women testified at trial for the molestors who were convicted by a jury. I do not excuse Yvonne Griffin's behavior or decision but it did not surprise me given this case involves Catholics and the Catholic Church.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.