Jul 23, 2026

Caltrans employee David Orluck booked into jail yesterday on a warrant, hours before his arraignment

 




Caltrans employee David Orluck is scheduled to be arraigned this afternoon. I was just going to do an update on arraignment and add it to the previous post but he was booked into the jail yesterday on an arrest warrant issued in his 2026 case on 7/16. Orluck posted bond.

I will add an update about today's hearing but whether arraignment is on today is ? This date was given to me previously by the DA's office. Orluck's arraignment is not on the online court calendar or e court. Humboldt Superior Court Assistant Operations Manager Scott Anderson told me the arraignment date is scheduled by the DA. 

I checked with the DA's office this morning. Still told 1:30 this afternoon. Case still not on calendar. Deputy DA Jessica Watson didn't have the file, the case is not on her list. I have already made two trips to the Courthouse today and the third trip at 3:45 p.m. finally listed an arraignment date of 9/16/26.

41 year old Orluck's booking photo looks nothing like his Instagram profile photo.

I have now received two tips that Orluck is no longer a Caltrans employee. The second tip went into more detail. 

The first tip was on July 16. "I have reason to believe David Orluck no longer works for Caltrans (a recent change)."

The second tip I just received and the details make it more credible and worth the follow up.

"Hey David was fired from CalTrans because the victim filed an intake workplace violence report against him.  Apparently he was sending threatening texts while on the clock.  He was a probationary employee so he was an at-will employee.  Check with the CalTrans to confirm."

I have contacted Caltrans to confirm Orluck is no longer an employee. I doubt I will get further details but I asked.

Caltrans PIO Myles Cochrane is looking into my inquiry. "John,

The individual is no longer working with Caltrans. Beyond that, we can’t comment on personnel information."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.