I report on many arrests first and follow cases regularly. Alleged molestor Tristan Mitchell is one of those cases.
Today, I received an email about Tristan Mitchell. I am not going to share all of it for privacy and the case has yet to go to preliminary hearing. Some of this information may come out in court unless defense fights to keep it out. I hope it does because it is time that the systems supposed to protect the innocent are exposed for the failure they are.
I have worked for CWS, I have had reports ignored by CWS where I suspected alleged abuse. I have exposed local law enforcement, the courts and even the DA's office when appropriate. This is not the first tip or email I have received about other local media ignoring someone. It won't be the last.
In this case, it was the Times Standard and local news. In other instances, it has been TS and certain local media I call out regularly.
I got permission and while share some parts for now. She has shared some information about Doe 1 that is confidential.
This is not in chronological order. There is a lot more that I may or may not share in the future.
"Hello John,
My name is name redacted for privacy. (Doe 1 and 2’s) sister.
First off, I wanted to say thank you for putting the story out there.
As hard as it was to read some of that stuff.. it needs to be said."
"I wanted to add, I reported Tristan Mitchell to CWS over 20+ times.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.