Jul 28, 2026

"This case is not about what Gregory Kreis currently earns exactly what he earns a judge."

 


I was the only one to cover former judge, now defense attorney Gregory Kreis before he was ousted by the voters and the Commission on Judicial Performance went public on what I reported in real time. I have been the only one to cover his family law case with Brenda Elvine.

E court in Humboldt only listed taken under submission since May but I was told Sonoma Superior Court Judge Shelly Averill who has been assigned to this case heard closing arguments on 7/12. You can read written closing arguments and other documents filed July 17 and July 20 yourself.

This is one quote from Brenda Elvine's attorney.

"This case is not about what Gregory Kreis currently earns exactly what he earns a judge. It is about whether Brenda, his wife of 30 years who supported Gregory through law school, multiple attempts at the bar exam, his rise as an attorney, and ultimately his judicial career should lose the support awarded her after less than two years because Gregory voluntarily left the bench under circumstances of his own making." 

There are other court documents which are public record that I have not posted about Kreis or Elvine because they have personal and financial information including what Kreis alleges is his income and expenses. I see when he is at court, what cases he is appointed on and retained as can others who regularly work at Humboldt Superior Court.

It is common knowledge by now that Gregory Kreis is now married to Tanya Ellis who works at Humboldt Superior Court. I have no clue if she goes by Tanya Kreis informally now or formerly but her state bar profile lists Ellis as her last name.



The letter mentioned in the Mr. Kelly Walsh's closing brief was published by me, it is was on the list of exhibits and Mr. Walsh saying local media when locals and those California and national readers who follow me regularly know exactly who published it and first is well known.

I no longer include links to all previous posts and have explained why many times. Every post can be accessed for free via the search feature or the blog. Most people read me daily and for convenience, there are paid, customized options. I have included two relevant screenshots pertinent to the closing argument for Kreis.

Kelly Walsh for Kreis:












David Lederman for Brenda Elvine:



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.