Jul 16, 2026

When I left, community members were still walking in for Russell Albers sentencing

 


Courtroom 7 opened at 2:12 p.m. for the 1:30 sentencing scheduled for convicted murderer Russell Albers before Humboldt Superior Court Presiding Judge Kelly Neel. There were several community members still entering the courtroom when I left. I covered this 2022 case regularly and in detail for years including the plea. 

Deputy DA Candace Myers is the prosecutor. Deputy Conflict Counsel David Nims is Alber's attorney. 

Once again, Lost Coast Outpost cannot get basic facts correct even being in the courtroom. Russell Albers was sentenced to 136 years, 4 months. Redheaded Blackbelt also got the prison sentence incorrect and again, was in the courtroom. 

I took these screenshots at 8:42 a.m. on 7/17/26.

8:44 a.m LOCO's Sage Alexander is here on the second floor right now after my post checking e court including this case so if his post is updated with correct information, you know why.

I added the court minutes.

The hearing on 7/21 is for the service of a criminal protective order. There is no reason for an update.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.