1) Was Renalyn Bobadillo stabbed at the party and if so by whom?
2) If not why did Elijah Chandler make his public statement that she was and why did Police Chief Chapman publically state “It looks like it”?
· From Elijah Chandler: Trained in first aid, Chandler stanched his friend’s knife wounds with his T-shirt and administered mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. He and Lawson’s girlfriend, who had been stabbed at least twice on her left arm, struggled in vain for some 15 minutes or more before EMTs (Emergency Medical Technicians) arrived.
· When asked if more than one person had been stabbed, Chapman said, “That’s still being investigated. I can't confirm that. It looks like it."
· Within two to four minutes, post-3 a.m., as sirens wailed in the background, police radioed that a woman had been stabbed, that multiple units were responding and that Arcata medical had been alerted.
· Shortly thereafter came word via the California Highway Patrol of “at least one report that a man was down,” evidently referring to the fatally wounded student, HSU sophomore and criminal justice major David Josiah Lawson, 19, of Perris in Riverside County. The wounded female may have been Lawson’s girlfriend, Ren, reportedly stabbed twice on one arm, according to an eyewitness.