Mar 8, 2017

"I want a realistic date. There have already been two continuances. I am not going to do this again", Judge Wilson to Marci Kitchen's attorneys


Defense filed yet another motion to continue Marci Kitchen's hearing which was scheduled for March 20. That motion was heard this morning in Courtroom 5.

Intervention was scheduled for March 16. Preliminary was scheduled for March 20. Those dates were vacated.

Intervention is now set for April 20. Preliminary on May 8.

There was lengthy discussion and a passionate objection to the continuance by Deputy District Attorney Stacey Eads on behalf of the families of the victims.





Ms. Eads' opposition to the motion by the defense included the two continuances requested ( she outlined the timeline from when Marci Kitchen was arraigned and the date of each continuance request just days before the rescheduled preliminary.)  Kitchen being out of custody despite a substantial amount of bail, her hiring two private attorneys and her multiple trips out of the country were brought up in response to funding request to the County filed on Kitchen's behalf by Mr. Okin, which Ms. Eads called "troubling" given the availability of funds  Ms. Kitchen had to post bail, hire two private attorneys and her travel.


Mr. Griego objected to further duscussion and response by Mr. Okin to the funding order in court. He explained later these,are not public.

"Two children were killed," said Ms. Eads. "Family members are very much wanting some sense of justice. We have been very reasonable and tried to work with the defense."

While Judge Christopher Wilson agreed with Ms. Eads about the victims, due "to complexities of the case," and defense,requesting time to get subpoenas from third parties, the defense claims is necessary before prelim, Judge Wilson found "good cause for continuance."

"I want a realistic date," he told the defense. "There have already been two continuances. I am not going to do this again." Judge Wilson also acknowledged that the People had objected twice and two postponements were granted.

Both previous continuances had been granted by Judge Joyce Hinrichs. Last time, the defense was also asked to set a date they would be ready because this preliminary is expected to take five full days and requires special consideraton for scheduling and setting aside a Judge and courtroom.


Related previous posts:

http://johnchiv.blogspot.com/2016/12/with-her-preliminary-hearing-continued.html?m=1

http://johnchiv.blogspot.com/2016/12/for-those-who-saw-her-board-flight-to.html?m=1

http://johnchiv.blogspot.com/2016/11/marci-kitchen-preliminary-tentatively.html?m=1

12 comments:

  1. what did she do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is bullchit. Those two innocent children deserve justice no matter who killed them, I don't think being the mother of one of them should be handled differently. Her leaving the country is bullchit too! Somebody, meaning you Ms. Eades and judge Wilson need to step it up. They need public pressure on them to do their jobs, swift justice

    ReplyDelete
  3. She needs another Mexican vacation...

    ReplyDelete
  4. why are you and loco the only ones who tell us about the case John?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. North Coast News was there too.

      Delete
    2. dont have tv

      Delete
    3. Loco would not be there but for Rhonda Parker, who choses to be there more often, before that, they sucked at court coverage. All of us were there for other cases and saw that this Kitchen motion was on. Regular attendance in courts is helpful. Thanks for noticing.

      Delete
  5. Not having a TV is okay. I don't get my news from TV either.You seem to do a good job of keeping up with current news without one. For court, print or online is better. Thanks for your support.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your blog updates John, you're really on top of it!

      Delete
  6. Our justice system is not doing their jobs! Anyone else would have already been tried & convicted! Stop playing their game Stacey Eads & Judge Wilson!!

    ReplyDelete