Sep 18, 2026

Thank you Dustin Owens for doing the job the Humboldt DA, HCSO, County of Humboldt and Humboldt Superior Court failed to do

 


I have covered Jorden Sterling aka Jorden Place criminal cases and civil lawsuits. I have covered Jorden since 2019.

In one of the criminal cases, his co-defendant was his mother Melissa Sterling. His significant other is Courtney Zanone. All three are suing the County of Humboldt and HCSO.

Ms. Andrea Sullivan represented Melissa Sterling. 

Jorden has diversion in three criminal cases after one of those cases resulted in a 11 guilty to 1 not guilty debacle. He has one criminal case pending and in the nth motions he has filed, the latest is to disqualify the Humboldt County DA's office and Deputy DA Jessica Watson.

Jorden's lawsuit against Humboldt Superior Court was dismissed. 

So was his lawsuit against me for his petition for civil restraining order. He never served me or filed a proof of service. On the day of the hearing, that was pointed out and then he decided not to pursue the matter. He wasted a month of my time because until the evening before, I did not know if I had to show up in court. I spoke to three different lawyers. I had to prepare. I had to let them know they were not needed at the last minute.

He had one TRO granted in another civil restraining order but others dismissed due to lack of prosecution. If you are interested in those cases, you can look them up on the Humboldt Superior Court online portal or go look at the files. Some of these civil lawsuits involve his ex and people related to them and I have no interest in the family law drama. 

I don't know if Jorden and Courtney have finally gotten a clue and accepted the mistakes they have made. I am certainly not going to clue them in on the mistakes I saw in some of the civil lawsuits. The people they are suing have money and resources being paid by the taxpayers.

Not even knowing or understanding the basic rules of proof of service and Jordo wants to play and pretend he is a lawyer. He serves lawsuits she files; she serves lawsuits he files.

The amount of paper, time, court resources Jordo, Courto and and Melissa are wasting takes away from other cases and victims. 

This is just one mistake.



It is one thing to sue people not familiar with the law. You also have to prove your claims in court.

Jorden also needs to make up his mind about arguing jurisdiction. He argues sovereignty and yet keeps filing cases in Humboldt Superior Court. 

Jorden has filed so many lawsuits. Courtney and Melissa are not far behind. It is hard to keep up.  Jorden's lawsuits include Humboldt County DA, HCSO, County of Humboldt, Pacific Towing and City of Rio Dell.

It is not just the number of the cases. It is the number of motions and several a day and in several cases. When there is a fee waiver, it is not costing Jorden or Courtney or Melissa. It is costing the taxpayers. They have so many cases against so many people but there is a fee waiver in at least one case for each of them.

Those who read me regularly remember what I said about Jorden and that he should be declared a vexatious litigant.


The clerk told me a hearing is scheduled for Mr. Dustin Owen's motion on 10/23. It takes about a week for the civil document to be fully processed in the system so more details from Mr. Owens will be added to this post later.

Today, 9/18/26, Mr. Owens, who represents Pacific Towing filed a motion to declare Jorden Place a vexatious litigant and to require security in the amount of $100,000 as a condition of "maintaining this litigation."

I reached out to Mr. Owens with a question. He told me, "If granted, I am requesting a pre-filing order.  So before he files any new cases, or motions, etc., he has to get approval from the presiding judge. "

Thank you Dustin Owens for doing the job the Humboldt DA, HCSO, County of Humboldt and Humboldt Superior Court failed to do in reigning in Jorden Place. Humboldt Superior Court dismissed the case against them and it was for a valid reason. 

The rest of the people still have to deal with Jorden Place, Courtney Zanone and Melissa Sterling who have all the time to waste unlike people who make a living and are maxed dealing with hundreds of Jordens, Courtneys and Melissa.

To fully understand my headline, if you have not read my previous coverage. You should. 

I have included all my coverage in this post on Jorden for those who are not regular readers. I am not doing it again. 

Like beetlejuice, I mentioned their names too many times. I did not see them at the clerk's office but Jorden and Courtney are back. Saw them at the Eureka post office on 5th and H this afternoon.















9/19/26: Jorden, Courtney, Melissa cannot comment on my page. I do have a screenshot of Jorden leaving several comments on my FB news page after he filed the lawsuit against me which was dismissed. This morning, I noticed this comment by Stephanie. She is blocked after documentation.



This is the kind of nonsense and daily threats the other local "media" does not deal with because they are ineffective for anything other than useless distractions; the good ole Humboldt boys and gals know the other local media won't cover anything inconvenient to them. Several criminal suspects, their hanger ons and criminals with current cases lurk or follow my page and blog because I report on them. They go after me for reporting on their arrests, cases and keeping the community informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.