On July 1, First District Supervisor Rex Bohn filed a civil lawsuit against the The Testate Intestate of Glenn Chabot et al. Other defendants are listed in the screenshot which is from the Humboldt Superior Court case management system.
Bohn has hired Mr. Ryan Plotz. I knew Mr. Plotz when he worked at the City of Eureka and appeared on cases for the City. He currently is at the Mitchell Law Firm, who represents the County of Humboldt in several lawsuits.
I identified Rex Bohn as a County Supervisor but this seems to be an lawsuit filed by him as an individual.
There is a case management conference on 1/8/27.
Testate means dying with a legally valid last will and testament. Intestate means dying without leaving a legally valid last will and testament. Lis pendens is a public notice recorded with the county recorder to show that a lawsuit is pending which affects the title or possession of a specific piece of real property. California Code of Civil Procedure § 762.030 outlines the procedural requirements for naming a deceased person as a defendant in a quiet title action.
Glenn Chabot passed away on October 12, 2017. The defendants are all listed in the obituary.
These are the documents filed. The online court record system does not display documents so I will have to check and add those details next week. Other than why Rex is suing this family and what property, the rest of the legalese is boring except to civil attorneys.
After a three day holiday weekend, Tuesday is a busy day at Humboldt courts, I have several cases to cover and access to the public computers will be in demand so I cannot say when I will add those details, it could be Tuesday morning or on Tuesday. Any court documents and details are provided for free and I don't rush these extras anymore except in person for my advsrtisers, contributors and subscribers.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.