A great turnout of folks enjoyed a beautiful sunny day during the Native Sons of the Golden West historic dedication of Sequoia Hose Company No. 6. (1766 J Street) For over 10 years, Sequoia No. 6 has been a labor of love for Battalion Chief Kent Hulbert, Engineer Kevin Voorhees, and Friends of Sequoia No. 6 founders Jim and Margaret Stevens. Aside from building renovations completed and work still necessary, the goal is that one day Station 6 will be available to the public as a museum displaying fire engines, equipment and memorabilia.
(Photos by Jan Gillespie, text also by Jan Gillespie for the Native Sons of the Golden West)